Info Session OurCS workshop GHC 19 conference Tapia 19 Conference
- On Nov 15th, the ACM-W Student Chapter worked with Girls Who Code student club to hold an info session “Conferences for Women in Tech” to share information and opportunities related to conferences, research programs and workshops for female and under-represented students at Earlham College.
- Three students (Pyone Thant Win, Uyen (Winnie) Nguyen, and Dung Thuy Nguyen) participated in the OurCS workshop on Oct 18-20, 2019 at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Four students (Lillian Gray, Thuy Ngoc Thai, Gyeongeun (Krystal) Lee, and Uyen (Winnie) Nguyen ) from our ACM-W Student Chapter attended the GHC 2019 (Grace Hopper Conference) on Oct 1-4, 2019 in Orlando, Florida.
- Two students (Pyone Thant Win and Yuqian Zhang) attended the Tapia 2019 Conference on Sept 18-21, 2019 in San Diego, CA.
- Katherine Emil is the new chair and Lillian Gray is the new vice chair of this student chapter.
Info Session: Summer Opportunities GHC 18 Conference
- The Earlham College ACM-W Student Chapter held a Summer Opportunities Info Session in CST 103 on Dec 5, 4-5PM, 2018. A group of CS junior and senior students shared their personal experiences from technical internships, research opportunities, and how they landed the job. For more details, please click the link.
- Three students (Chau Pham, Shana Y. Weissman, Thuy Ngoc Thai) from our ACM-W student chapter attended the GHC (Grace Hopper Conference), September 26–28, 2018 in Houston, TX.
InWIC (Indiana Women in Computing)
- A group of students (Flannery Hope Currin, Chau Pham, Thuy Ngoc Thai) from our ACM-W student chapter attended the InWIC (Indiana Women in Computing) conference in Indianapolis, Indiana on Oct 27-28. They presented a poster on how to survive in Computer Science as female students. For more details, please click the link.
- Sari Stissi attended the Tapia conference in Atlanta, GA on Sep 20-23.
- Flannery Hope Currin is our new chair, Chau Pham is the new vice chair of this student chapter.
- Shana Y. Weissman and Ahsan A. Khoja held an Optimization Workshop in CST 303 on March 11, 2017. In this workshop, different ways of optimize you work and study were shared, which including Email optimization, Linux commands, Text editors and Vim, Browser Extensions, Other Windows and Mac softwares.
- Three of our chapter members (Deeksha Srinath, Flannery Hope Currin, Chau Pham) got scholarships to attend the GHC (Grace Hopper Conference), Oct 19-21 in Houston, TX.
- We submitted an application to NCWIT for 2016 Student Seed Fund – Start-Up Funding Award.
- We organized weekly meetings for students in the chapter every Monday at 7-8PM. We shared important opportunities for conferences and scholarships. We discussed how to involve more female students, how to attract freshman to take CS courses, how to collaborate with high/elementary schools and introduce CS knowledge to girls in these schools.
- We organized an on-campus event: screening of the movie CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap in room 103 of the Center for Science and Technology from 4-7 PM on March 26th, 2016.
- We launched the Earlham College ACM-W Student Chapter on Feb 17, 2016 with 10 students from different disciplines. Deeksha Srinath is the president, Flannery Hope Currin is the vice president of this student chapter. Xunfei Jiang is our faculty sponsor.